Thursday 23 May 2013

Pez & Scary Clowns

I am an avid reader and one of the most recent books I read was Stephen King's IT  - one of his early classics from the 1980's.  While I am not a big fan of Stephen King in particular, I had the chance to read the book and I thought it would be interesting to try a scary book to see if one could actually jump or be scared while reading a book.  Well it did not workout that way for me anyway but it was well written a not a bad read overall.
The reason I bring it up is that early in the book one of the characters as a child goes to the store to load up on candy and purchases a pez dispenser in the process.  While it does not say what the pez dispenser was, all of the events in the novel are dated very clearly and the date of the pez purchase was in 1958, meaning that it could have only been a select few dispensers available at that time: pez Regular; Witch A; Bunny A; Popeye A or full bodied Santa or Robot.  A little extra fun aside to think about while reading and it is cool to see pez pop up in pop culture.
Note that the pez does not make an appearance in the movie, also note that I found the movie to be corny.  No endorsement here, although I do believe it was geared to a somewhat different audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment